Friday, February 17, 2012

Let's eat Coffee Cake - 2.17.12

I love spanish coffee cake. I don't know what makes it spanish but i love it! I had my first bite about 10 years ago and there's no going back. It's a fast, easy and yummy recipe to make that will last about 3-4 days (covered tightly of course).

I like to make this in the beginning of the  school/work week so the hubs and kids can cut a piece on the go. Recipe below or you can always check the recipe tab (still new and working on it). If you do try it out let me know what you think :) Hope you like it as much as my family does!




Recipe :

2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup salad oil (i do half canola/ half concentrated apple juice)


Mix till crumbly. Take out 3/4 cup of this mixture and add to another small bowl:
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
* This will be the topping for the cake so set aside

The remaining batter add:
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk

Mix well and pour into a lightly greased 9x13" pyrex.

Bake in 350 oven for 40minutes (less or more depending on your oven).

Note: When you get use to it you can cut down a bit more on the sugar and use heaping teaspoons for the spices :)

Enjoy! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment